Is social media even worth it? Well, it depends!
Social media can be worth it if you want to reach more people, both globally and locally. However, we do acknowledge that there is a big learning gap when it comes to learning how to utilize some platforms for your company’s success.
So, let’s have a look at the pros and cons of social media:
- More reach
- Can communicate with customers and answer questions better/customer service
- Can inform your customers for future products/services
- The hype before a launch
- Adding value (this doesn’t apply to all types of businesses – as there are some that cannot add great value through social media because of the nature of their industry)
- Can create a community
- Raising brand awareness
- More traffic to websites
- Higher conversions
- Improving loyalty to your brand
- Build authority in market
- Building trust
- A lot of time is required
- A lot of research is required
- Constant evaluation and analysis of data to improve more
- Qualifications/qualified personnel
- You might need to invest some money on ad, etc.
- Negative/hate comments might lead to bad publicity
- You are subject to criticism, and misinterpretation
- Repetitive and boring content might lead to negative results of less reach and even losing customers
- Must be very selective in what you post and how you promote yourself (time-consuming and possibly stressful)
- You competitors will be able to study your business and strategies
So, in other words, just like everything in life, social media marketing for businesses have both pros and cons. However, it is up to you to outline and evaluate these in order to decide if it is worth it.
One of the most important parts of deciding whether or not social media is worth it for you is by outlining and thinking about you vision and your goals.
If at the end of the day you are consciously willing to encounter some of the negative parts of social media, since the positive effects are far more important to you, then be it! This means you are willing to take the punches and you’ve decided that it’s worth it!
So, get to work!
We are here to tackle some of the cons.
At Online Solutions, we make sure that we can provide you with experienced managers to manage, consult you and deal with your social media accounts. We create content for you, and monthly calendars and we evaluate our results at the end of each month. This way, you save a lot of time on researching, creating content, and evaluating your results. We do that for you!
If this is something that interests you, give us a call!